nginx-standard drop

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Wed Oct 19 09:28:09 CEST 2016

On 2016-10-18 23:51, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> proposition:
>   drop nginx "-standard" suffix? in package and filenames

+1

And get rid of all other HTTP versions. The "-mail" can stay, I guess.

Does anybody actually use anything other than "-standard"?

I never changed it, not to break things for somebody who used it. And
because I had no idea why anybody would split the package this way.

 > rationale:
 >   why pld should be again unique and packaging nginx differently

PLD does too much of that.

 > i tried to hack in my base image adding symlinks, but even accesslogs
 > are different
 >
 > /var/log/nginx/nginx-standard_error.log
 > vs
 > /var/log/nginx/access.log

I would often just make my own nginx.conf file and own systemd unit
nginx.service, with all paths restored to normal.

Jacek