npm and bundled modules

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Mon Sep 12 11:20:57 CEST 2016

On 2016-09-10 23:46, Paweł A. Gajda wrote:
> npm itself bundle its dependencies,so, what I like to do is just to bundle
> them into package as well. It just works and would make upgrades much, much
> easier. Any objections?

+1, no objections.

Node dependencies and packaging is totally crazy and mantaining it right
with RPM (making RPM package for each node package, which may contain a
single .js file with a single function) would require 100x bigger team
of developers than we have. So, instead of fighting that, lets just
package together as much as it is convenient.

Jacek