RPM + SEMANAGE?

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Thu Feb 23 21:33:40 CET 2017

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 02:15:12PM -0500, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
> I see that semanage has been enabled 3 days ago
> 	https://github.com/pld-linux/rpm/commit/ec7b8d8fb16f5789772693ff807e0a93a5c653e4
>
> Be forewarned: the semanage code in RPM hasn???t been looked at for quite some years: at the
> time I implemented, semanage was just being invented.
>
> If there is a need, I can/will update the SELinux modules to latest released in rpm-5.4.18.
> There hasn???t been any detectable interest so far ???

Actually, in this commit nothing changed to semanage switch.
It was enabled in 6e115b2320d8152309c7183c8b36641fbb1316b9, over 4 years
ago.

The patch mentioned above fixes build with semanage and no other option
which uses "globalI" symbol (it seems that in standard PLD build it
comes from WITH_SQLITE, enabled by dbsql switch); probably dbsql wasn't
detected properly in my previous build of 5.4.15.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://qboosh.pl/