RPM + SEMANAGE?

Jeffrey Johnson n3npq at me.com
Fri Feb 24 01:26:59 CET 2017

> On Feb 23, 2017, at 3:33 PM, Jakub Bogusz <qboosh at pld-linux.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 02:15:12PM -0500, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
>> I see that semanage has been enabled 3 days ago
>> 	https://github.com/pld-linux/rpm/commit/ec7b8d8fb16f5789772693ff807e0a93a5c653e4
>>
>> Be forewarned: the semanage code in RPM hasn???t been looked at for quite some years: at the
>> time I implemented, semanage was just being invented.
>>
>> If there is a need, I can/will update the SELinux modules to latest released in rpm-5.4.18.
>> There hasn???t been any detectable interest so far ???
>
> Actually, in this commit nothing changed to semanage switch.
> It was enabled in 6e115b2320d8152309c7183c8b36641fbb1316b9, over 4 years
> ago.

Sorry for the confusion. Still, expect issues with RPM+SEMANAGE (if enabled/used).

> The patch mentioned above fixes build with semanage and no other option
> which uses "globalI" symbol (it seems that in standard PLD build it
> comes from WITH_SQLITE, enabled by dbsql switch); probably dbsql wasn't
> detected properly in my previous build of 5.4.15.

Using WITH_SQLITE is tricky because there are 2 libraries with identical
symbols but different implementations and you will have to ensure through
linkage whether dbsql or sqlite3 is intended. The choices is exclusive …
but there is likely nothing doing configure that ensures only one.

The issue will show up with embedded interpreters and loadable modules.

I’ve been using the dbsql for embedded sqlite3 testing, and ignoring sqlite3.

And — if using RPM with db-6.1.26/db-6.2.23 there is a patch that is needed.

I’ve tried to send that patch a couple of times: its now documented in INSTALL in
cvs on the -r rpm-5_4 branch.

hth

73 de Jeff