ERRORS: rpm.spec

Jeffrey Johnson n3npq at me.com
Tue Jan 10 18:46:35 CET 2017

> On Jan 10, 2017, at 11:58 AM, Elan Ruusamäe <glen at pld-linux.org> wrote:
>
> On 10.01.2017 18:38, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
>> The configure option —without-java is known to work in CVS and in rpm-5.4.17.
>
> 5.4.17 compiles here as well (with gcc6),

Good.

> but pld is not ready, some poldek issues and some RPM_I18NSTRING_TYPE issues i do not understand
>
> i've written of it somewhere deep in this thread:
> http://lists.pld-linux.org/mailman/pipermail/pld-devel-en/2016-March/024739.html

You are going to have (at least) the following speed bumps if you continue back porting
changes to rpm-5.4.15 to use newer external libraries:

1) using db-6.1.26/db-6.2.23 (db-6.1.23 and earlier “work”)
	you will need a patch to db:  http://rpm5.org/community/rpm-devel/5690.html

2) openssl-1.1.x
	you will need rpmio/rpmssl.c from the rpm-5_4 branch in CVS (and may need
	to disable FIPS 140-2 by commenting out
		xx = FIPS_mode_set(1);

Then there are the known and well-discussed issues related to RPM_I18NSTRING_TYPE
removal and RSA fingerprints.

I will (at least) send the patch to re-add RPM_I18NSTRING_TYPE to pld-devel@
when I remove the data type. The RPM_I18NSTRING_TYPE has always been broken in RPM
because the type is sometimes a scalar, and sometimes a vector, depending on the desired
access context.

The RSA fingerprint change is/was a bug in rpm-5.4.15 (and all previous versions), and
“legacy compatibility" would involve support for non-conformant OpenPGP signatures/pubkeys.

hth

73 de Jeff