ns1 down, buildlogs up but dns entry is wrong

Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Sat Mar 10 12:43:38 CET 2018

On Saturday 10 of March 2018, Jan Rękorajski wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Mar 2018, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> > ns1 dns service is down and doesn't propagate dns zone changes made in
> > svn which makes buildlogs.pld-linux.org not working (IP has changed).
> >
> > Unfortunately I'm unable to contact adamg who rarely responds to
> > sms/mail/fb (maybe some else has better access to him).
> >
> > I guess the only solution for repeatable problems is to move nameservers
> > and other resources to other machines... but no one has the access, so
> > that's currently impossible to do, too.
>
> Do we know what other resources we would need to move? I'm sure about
> lists, ns1, ns2, and I think it's also b.mx and team (forum, STBR, etc),
> anything else?

These PLD related vserver guests were (and likely are on new machine) on
akcyza:

dns
ftp
lists
mx
wwwpld

I was doing backup of these until adamg changed machines and access was lost
(so no more backup of these on my side; that was in Feb 2017).

> > Solutions?
>
> Moving just DNS shouldn't be a problem, I guess. This one is completely
> automated.

I'll look at dns (can provide 3 dns servers in different networks and
locations, too)

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz, arekm / ( maven.pl | pld-linux.org )