ns1 down, buildlogs up but dns entry is wrong

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Sat Mar 10 09:07:06 CET 2018

On Fri, 09 Mar 2018, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:

> ns1 dns service is down and doesn't propagate dns zone changes made in svn
> which makes buildlogs.pld-linux.org not working (IP has changed).
>
> Unfortunately I'm unable to contact adamg who rarely responds to sms/mail/fb
> (maybe some else has better access to him).
>
> I guess the only solution for repeatable problems is to move nameservers and
> other resources to other machines... but no one has the access, so that's
> currently impossible to do, too.

Do we know what other resources we would need to move? I'm sure about
lists, ns1, ns2, and I think it's also b.mx and team (forum, STBR, etc),
anything else?

> Solutions?

Moving just DNS shouldn't be a problem, I guess. This one is completely
automated.

OTOH moving the rest is quite hard without Adam's help, so no idea here.

--
Jan Rękorajski                    | PLD/Linux
SysAdm | baggins<at>pld-linux.org | http://www.pld-linux.org/