firefox and builders...

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at jajcus.net
Mon Jun 3 08:19:42 CEST 2019

On 03/06/2019 07.25, Jan Rękorajski wrote>
> I don't believe it's nodejs problem, I think it's builder
> security/networking problem.
But the security/networking restrictions are there for a reason. If we
allow build process to download anything it wants, then we could skip
shipping source packages at all.

Yes it sucks in today's world, especially when trying to build something
like Node or Java crap. Proper source packages are harder and harder to
find, even for C code (e.g. when code is available only on github and
includes submodules)…

Maybe we should rethink our policy…, but just removing the restrictions
because one package stopped to build doesn't seem a right way to do it.

Jacek