firefox and builders...

Jan Rękorajski j.rekorajski at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 09:46:58 CEST 2019

That nodejs in firefox is not downloading anything AFAIK, it's just
convoluted build process that needs nodejs started and it cannot start
without dns :/
I don't remember how we run builds, but maybe if we point resolv.conf at
127.0.0.1 it will be enough for it.

On Mon, Jun 3, 2019 at 8:19 AM Jacek Konieczny <jajcus at jajcus.net> wrote:

> On 03/06/2019 07.25, Jan Rękorajski wrote>
> > I don't believe it's nodejs problem, I think it's builder
> > security/networking problem.
> But the security/networking restrictions are there for a reason. If we
> allow build process to download anything it wants, then we could skip
> shipping source packages at all.
>
> Yes it sucks in today's world, especially when trying to build something
> like Node or Java crap. Proper source packages are harder and harder to
> find, even for C code (e.g. when code is available only on github and
> includes submodules)…
>
> Maybe we should rethink our policy…, but just removing the restrictions
> because one package stopped to build doesn't seem a right way to do it.
>
> Jacek

Jan Rękorajski | SysAdm | PLD/Linux | http://www.pld-linux.org/
baggins<at>pld-linux.org