[projects/template-specs] use %cargo_* macros

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Wed Mar 31 10:34:03 CEST 2021

On 30.03.2021 21:57, Jakub Bogusz wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 30, 2021 at 06:46:46PM +0300, Elan Ruusamäe wrote:
> [...]
> When it comes to crates, It'd better to find some generic solution for
> packaging creates system-wide instead of vendoring everything
> everywhere. I'm aware Fedora has some, but I didn't have enough time to
> do a research.

their solution to create 120 packages for each of them.

the same goes for npm and go packages.

besides, if you diverge from versions present in vendor lock,

you are bringing package support on your own shoulders. we do not have
such resources!

as for the original topic:

the other place where to integrate crates fetch, could be aside
`builder` script, maybe builder --update-create option.