Qt packaging

Jan Rękorajski baggins at pld-linux.org
Mon Aug 8 23:34:36 CEST 2022

On Mon, 08 Aug 2022, Jan Palus wrote:

> On 08.08.2022 08:32, Jan Rękorajski wrote:

> > > As long as each component is bcondized and there are no "to the exact
> > > release" dependencies then I guess it's fine. Doing qtwebengine (and all
> > > the other components) rebuild each time qtbase needs a small packaging
> > > adjustment would be tough on arm, though I'd understand if nobody cared
> > > about my use case.
> >
> > FYI build time on builders is 1.5 hour without qtwebengine and 7 hours
> > with qtwebengine.
> >
> > I don't know how it looks on arm, but IMHO no-webengine bcond should be enough?
>
> Multiply it by ~4 and it's roughly result for arm. The first part I
> mean, qtwebengine is so heavy that I build it in AWS.
>
> Anyway no worries, if needed I can add more bconds myself. And thanks a
> lot for working on qt6!

Thanks, it's a slow and painful process, and we'll end up with less
granularity, at least at the beginning. What I want now, is a MVP to be able
to build current calibre :/

Out of curiosity, would webengine even build on arm? What I see it
building is full blown blink/chromium engine. And this thing has lots
of fancy dependencies, both software and hardware.

--
Jan Rękorajski                    | PLD/Linux
SysAdm | baggins<at>pld-linux.org | http://www.pld-linux.org/