Qt packaging

Jan Palus atler at pld-linux.org
Mon Aug 8 23:55:22 CEST 2022

On 08.08.2022 23:34, Jan Rękorajski wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Aug 2022, Jan Palus wrote:

> > > FYI build time on builders is 1.5 hour without qtwebengine and 7 hours
> > > with qtwebengine.
> > >
> > > I don't know how it looks on arm, but IMHO no-webengine bcond should be enough?
> >
> > Multiply it by ~4 and it's roughly result for arm. The first part I
> > mean, qtwebengine is so heavy that I build it in AWS.
> >
> > Anyway no worries, if needed I can add more bconds myself. And thanks a
> > lot for working on qt6!
>
> Thanks, it's a slow and painful process, and we'll end up with less
> granularity, at least at the beginning. What I want now, is a MVP to be able
> to build current calibre :/
>
> Out of curiosity, would webengine even build on arm? What I see it
> building is full blown blink/chromium engine. And this thing has lots
> of fancy dependencies, both software and hardware.

Just to be clear when I said "arm" I really meant "aarch64", 32-bit
version of qtwebengine is of not much interest to me. And at least
qtwebengine 5.x builds just fine for aarch64 and using it daily as my
primary web browsing engine. I don't expect qt6 to be much different but
haven't tried to build it so far.