Why "proftpd: error in loading shared libraries"

Marek Obuchowicz elephant w shadow.eu.org
Wto, 2 Lut 1999, 21:09:04 CET

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999, kong khai yun wrote:

> I currently using redhat 5.2 and i download the proftpd-1.2.0-1d.i386.rpm
> from somewhere the site, During the installation, I remove anonftp ,
> wu-ftpd and after that install this proftpd package. the system no
> complaint during the installation
> but when i run the /usr/sbin/proftpd
>     the error
>     prdftpd : error in loading shared libraries
> undefined symbol: __bzero
Well, what site? It is important here.
But probably you downloaded binary package compiled with glibc-2.1. Redhat
5.2 uses glibc-2.0 so this is most probable source of conflict.
Give result of:
rpm -q proftpd --queryformat '%{buildhost}\n'

BTW: where did you get address of pld ftp site???

Pozdrowienia,
  Marek

--
   __       Marek "Słonik" Obuchowicz, elephant w shadow.eu.org
  /'_)___   Member of da GNU generation and PLD project