baggins: glibc.spec ; + XFree

Jakub Bogusz qboosh w prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl
Nie, 31 Gru 2000, 16:26:55 CET

On Sat, Dec 30, 2000 at 03:05:57AM +0100, Jan Rekorajski wrote:
> [sobota, 30 grudzień 2000], Jakub Bogusz napisał(a):
> > > Because.
> > > glibc-memusage package won't build without them. We must do something
> > > with it (hint, hint, wiget ;>)
> >
> > OK, I know why gd and libpng - but why static not devel?
> > I built glibc from old spec, having:
> >
> > $ rpm -q gd-devel libpng-devel gd-static libpng-static
> > gd-devel-1.8.3-6
> > libpng-devel-1.0.8-1
> > package gd-static is not installed
> > package libpng-static is not installed
>
> Weird, I couldn't :o I had problems when rpm started parsing %files,
> it looked like memusege was not built. I think we need someone to confirm
> if it's my problem or if you are lucky.

Did you look into config.log?
I had the same at first try - because of dangling /usr/lib/libz.so
symlink.
glibc configure decides whether to build memusage by trying to link
something with -lgd -lz -lpng (or something like that), and if this
failed, memusage is not built.

--
Jakub Bogusz
http://prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl/~qboosh/