installer

Paweł Kołodziej pawelk w pld.org.pl
Nie, 31 Gru 2000, 21:02:33 CET

Dnia Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 12:20:33AM +0100, Jarek Woloszyn napisał(a):
[...]
> When you would like to switch to some external GUI you would have to
> build some dml form, show it on the screen, when the user press something
> return some exit code, change data structure, build a new dml form, and so...
> The external GUI cannot change internal data structures freely and that's
> why using dml in wuch may be more complicated than you think (and much
> slower).

I _don't_ want anybody to write external user interfce for Wuch. I thought
about "internal" UI, similar to Your's pkgssel and current new't interface
but using some other "semi graphics" library. Of cource external UI is
senselessness.

> I don't say that newt is the best solution, but it's not a bad library for
> writing what we want to have.

Mayby it's quite OK for this purpose. I just don't like creating user
interface at all, and when I look at this code I feal that i just don't
want modify it, and I thought it was becoude of newt, but probably there
is some other reaseon... ;)

> Pawel, if you want, I can write real documentation for functions used in
> pkgssel, so you could develop it by yourself.

I think it would be better if you try to done some points from wuch's TODO
list (it's in cvs) :))). But of course documentation is also welcomed.

> I will also see dml, because I may be wrong.

No you are right. Dml isn't suitable to write wuch's UI.

PS. I thought you don't read this list any more...

--
Paweł Kołodziej
pawelk w pld.org.pl