daemontools

Artur Skura arturs w iidea.pl
Wto, 23 Kwi 2002, 12:53:21 CEST

Wygląda na to, że daemontools powinien szybko zniknąć z FTP.

Z http://cr.yp.to/distributors.html:

"""
May we distribute binaries?

   You may distribute a precompiled package if
     * installing your package produces exactly the same files, in exactly
       the same locations, that a user would obtain by installing one of my
       packages listed above;
     * your package behaves correctly, i.e., the same way as normal
       installations of my package on all other systems; and
     * your package's creator warrants that he has made a good-faith
     * attempt
       to ensure that your package behaves correctly.
   All installations must work the same way; any variation is a bug. If
   there's something about a system (compiler, libraries, kernel, hardware,
   whatever) that changes the behavior of my package, then that platform is
   *not* supported, and you are *not* permitted to distribute binaries for it.
"""

Spełnienie w/w żądań oznaczałoby zrobienie dość dziwnego pakietu (z
/command itd.), ale cóż -- takie są warunki licencji.

Pozdrowienia,
Artur
--
http://www.wolneprogramy.org