binarny mplayer.

Blues blues w ds6.pg.gda.pl
Nie, 28 Kwi 2002, 12:20:57 CEST

On Sun, 28 Apr 2002, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 12:51:31PM +0200, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> [ciach]
> > > * runtime CPU detection code - any x86 MPlayer binary can run on "any"
> > >   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[2]
> > >   other x86 CPU
> >
> > Już wszędzie?
> > W snapshocie który mamy na oko wykrywanie w runtime było wszędzie oprócz
> > jednej biblioteki.
>
> Jeszcze wyjaśnienie dla tego ficzera, prosto z mplayer-dev-eng:
> [Ja]
> > So if I --enable-runtime-detection, then I can safely turn all these
> > features on, is that it? Good.
> NO. If you use --enable-runtime-detection, the code for all of them
> will always be included, and then selected at runtime. The options
> such as --enable-sse are for when runtime cpu detection is DISABLED.
> Didn't Arpi just explain that to you??
>
> Rich
> [koniec cytatu]
> Tak więc można sobie darować wszystkie --enable-sse --enable-mmx itd.
> i dać tylko --enable-runtime-detection.

To jest ciekawe, bo:

[...]
Checking for gcc version ... 2.95.4, ok
Checking for CPU vendor ... AuthenticAMD (6:4:4)
Checking for CPU type ...  AMD Athlon(tm) processor
Checking for GCC & CPU optimization abilities ... k7
Checking for binutils ... no
Unknown parameter: --enable-runtime-detection
Checking for assembler (as 2.11.90.0.19) ... ok
[...]

--
pozdr.  Paweł Gołaszewski