USE (Re: Atuty PLD a marketing ;))

Michał Cieślicki yoshi w aip.pl
Czw, 5 Cze 2003, 20:25:08 CEST

On czw, cze 05, 2003 at 08:14:44 +0200, Michal Moskal wrote:
> > Jeśli dobrze zrozumiałem, to konieczne jest wzbogacenie speców o
> > dodatkowe zmienne, więc zastanowiłem się jakbym to zrobił, ale zdaję
> > sobie sprawę, że to pewnie złe podejście, niemniej chętnie wysłucham
> > dlaczego. :)
>
> Pytam bo nie wiem. Co to ten USE?

W gentoo jest taki patent określający ze wsparciem dla czego mielić
pakiety. Najdokładniej jest to wyjaśnione tutaj:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/use-howto.xml

/cut/

What is the use of USE flags anyway?

One of the things which attracted me, as a user, to Gentoo was the fact
that it is a highly customisable distribution. The fact that it is a
source based distribution allows the user complete control over what
kinds of features and support are built in to the installed
applications. Moreover, the idea of bloat reduction appealed to me -- I
like not having to install things which I do not really need.

And how, exactly, does Gentoo achieve this? By defining USE settings.
Essentially, these are keywords that define options used on a
system-wide basis to configure applications during their respective
compilation procedures.

/cut/

--
join: http://jabber.2000-plus.pl know: http://www.egospodarka.pl