Mozilla to be removed, ReiserFS 4 disabled

Patryk Zawadzki patrys w pld-linux.org
Pon, 23 Paź 2006, 08:42:49 CEST

Dnia 22-10-2006, nie o godzinie 23:01 +0200, Marcin Król napisał(a):
> Hello.
>
> I've decided to make following two changes in Ac:
>
> 1. Mozilla Suite will be completly removed from Ac. It is not maintained
> anymore, it already has few security bugs, it will never be updated.
> SeaMonkey which is replacement for Mozilla works just fine. All Mozilla
> dependent stuff will be build against Firefox (if possible) or Mozilla
> support will simply be removed from specs in question. All packages that
> will fail to build against Firefox (skipstone for example) will also be
> removed from Ac if no one will fix them.

Agreed. At least programs using Gecko will no longer require a kitchen
sink too.

> 2. ReiserFS 4 will not be supported by official Ac kernels. Its
> situation is unclear at the moment + nobody cared to maintain reiser4
> patches in PLD in the past (2.6.17 for example was waiting over one
> month for updated patch). Of course reiser4 support may be included
> again in future. Time will show if it will be maintained or not and if
> updates will be more frequent.

How dare you remove such a Killer FS! Just kidding.

--
Patryk Zawadzki <patrys w pld-linux.org>
PLD Linux