[RFC] Repository layout change / Zmiana układu repo

Jakub Piotr Cłapa loc w toya.net.pl
Pon, 14 Maj 2007, 21:00:46 CEST

Bartosz Taudul wrote:
> On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 08:54:57PM +0200, Jakub Piotr Cłapa wrote:
>>> Any thoughts? Comments?
>> Yup. It was discussed to death. It doesn't fit to PLD.
> It does fit PLD. (anyone else have quality arguments?)

The requirement is that there must be a way to easily have the old
all-specs-in-one-dir view of the repository. If the proposal fails to
mention any solution to this problem then I believe that it won't be
accepted despite other merits.

I'm all in for a new repo layout and I actively discussed this some time
ago on this lists. The conclusion was that the problem mentioned is a
show-stopper and we're unlikely to switch to a system which doesn't
offer a solution.
My e-mail was just a suggestion that in my humble opinion the discussion
will be shorter and more clear if we start it with what was considered
the most difficult technical problem and not with the arguing the
directory layout for the new VCS. :-)

--
regards,
Jakub Piotr Cłapa