[ANNOUNCEMENT] Bugzilla >/dev/null, switching to launchpad.net

Mariusz Mazur mmazur w kernel.pl
Śro, 16 Lip 2008, 12:43:25 CEST

From now on bugs.pld-linux.org redirects to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/pld-linux. Old bugzilla is available under, well,
oldbugzilla.pld-linux.org with the only modification being that the 'add new
bug' form redirects to the appropriate launchpad form, meaning it's not
possible to add new bugs to the old bugzilla.

Plan is for the migration to be a natural process without any forced bug db
migration. Bugs already inside bugzilla are to be resolved there, unless
they're some kind of uber important long-term bugs in which case ppl are free
to manually close them in bugzilla and reopen in launchpad (with a url
pointing to bugzilla where appropriate). For ppl still working on some
already opened bugzilla bugs, should there be any problems, describe them
inside this email thread.

Rationale:
Launchpad was chosen because (a) we don't have to maintain it, (b) we don't
have to host it (backups, whatever), (c) we don't have to develop it and (d)
it has some nice feature for upstream integration.

Oh, just to make one thing clear -- launchpad has been in use by some
developers for some time now and all of the current RM's either are for this
switch or don't care either way. I really hope there are no bugzilla zealots
or launchpad haters :)

--
Judge others by their intentions and yourself by your results.
                                                                 Guy Kawasaki