packages: google-chrome/google-chrome.spec - do NOT add this bogs dep

Bartosz Świątek shadzik w gmail.com
Sob, 12 Cze 2010, 15:24:01 CEST

2010/6/12 Patryk Zawadzki <patrys w pld-linux.org>:
> 2010/6/12 Bartosz Świątek <shadzik w gmail.com>:
>> Removing this R: breaks the readability of the error and causes
>> unnecessary confusion.
>>
>> I'm afraid glen removes this R: only to get his own comfort using this
>> browser on deprecated Ac systems - which are officially not maintained
>> by the PLD team.
>>
>> Removing this R: is (in my eyes) breaking the package on purpose!!
>
> What you want is BR: %{_libdir}/libjpeg.so.62 so rpm generates the
> *proper* Requires.

But after all it's a binary package. Adding such a BR: is more
artificial than adding libjpeg6 R:.

I agree that both solutions are not optimal - but in the end, it's a
binary package - what do we  expect? And the motto here is: better be
verbose than sorry.

--
"I'm living proof if you do one thing right in your career, you can
coast for a long time. A LOOOOONG time." -Guy Kawasaki