Problems installing pld 1.0

Lukas Dobrek dobrek at itp.uni-hannover.de
Mon Mar 12 20:36:48 CET 2001

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 11:11:06AM -0800, Philip J. Hollenback wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I downloaded the PLD 1.0 CD image from your site and am attempting to
> install it.
>
> The CD boots fine, I see the usual boot messages, but then the screen
> switches to 'press enter to unlock this console'.  Pressing enter does
> nothing.
>
> This is on a system with a Tyan motherboard and via apollo vp ide
> controller.
First of all you have to know that we have no real installer.
Pressin enter should give you the console. Then this what you have to do
is to prepare the disk using fdisk;mke2fs;swapon and so on. I assume you
know how to do it. Then you have to mount your new ROOT into /dest make
there directorys which you need and then mount the rest of your filesystems
then if I remember well there are four important scripts addpkg, selmod,
addbase, doit.
addpkg I dont realy remember for what it is. It can give you the suport for
pcmcia, nfs, reiser, wget und stuff.
selmod gives you the posibility to load module with support for something
into the kernel like scis, eth0 so on.
addbase adds the basic stuff neded for instalation.
and doit start the instalation of packages. Im hope it is in english if
not I promise to translate it soon.

Good luck and feel free to ask more. Finaly we will have some users
not only developers :)))

Take care, and let the force be with you.
	The Lord of the darknes
		Lukasz Dobrek

--
Łukasz Dobrek