Y Window project startup

Michal Moskal malekith at pld.org.pl
Wed Mar 14 12:14:19 CET 2001

On Tue, Mar 13, 2001 at 07:10:33PM +0000, Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk wrote:
> Tue, 13 Mar 2001 18:29:43 +0100, Artur Frysiak <wiget at pld.org.pl> pisze:
>
> > > I couldn't find any alive project called Y Window.
> >
> > http://www.hungry.com/products/Ywindows/Y.html
>
> I meant *alive*. I found only some short descriptions from 3 years ago.
> Most links go to empty pages.

I still don't think we can use this name. Even if the project is
dead.

Propositions of names:

NeTMI NEtwork Text Mode Interface (but see www.netmi.com, but i don't think
NoTMI NetwOrk Text Mode Interface
MINOS MINOS Is Not windOw System (used by some software package)
*INOX is not the Other X
*INAX is not another X

Maybe some more?

--
                        Michał Moskal <malekith at pld.org.pl>

We are MicroSoft.  You will be assimilated.
Resistance is futile.
	-- Attributed to B.G., Gill Bates

[Hello to all my fans in domestic surveillance] quiche
Ortega colonel SEAL Team 6 SDI Semtex domestic disruption
Noriega Mossad NSA $400 million in gold bullion FBI
arrangements supercomputer plutonium ammunition
World Trade Center Cocaine colonel