perl 5.6.1

Chris Garrigues cwg-pld at deepeddy.com
Thu May 17 18:08:59 CEST 2001

> From:  Jan Rekorajski <baggins at sith.mimuw.edu.pl>
> Date:  Sun, 6 May 2001 02:42:19 +0200
>
> Sorry for the delay, I was buried in work :(
> BTW your spam protecting system is quite annoying

I think my delay is longer than yours....;-)

> On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Chris Garrigues wrote:
>
> > Helpdesk::mail, is a different situation.  It has a .htaccess file contai
> ning:
>
> I don't know this module, could you send me an URL so I could take a look?

I've been investigating this.  Helpdesk::mail uses an authentication module
which is pretty much "right out of the book", "the book" being:

	http://www.modperl.com/book/chapters/ch6.html

The code is based on Listing 5.6.

The problem is that $r->connection->user is returning an empty string, which
it's not supposed to.

bit slow processing subscription requests.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO                          http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.