new user, and some questions/comments

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczek at rudy.mif.pg.gda.pl
Wed Apr 3 18:12:18 CEST 2002

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002, John P. Looney wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 05:50:02PM +0200, Artur Frysiak mentioned:
> > >  This is wonderful. It took me a while to work out that I should have all
> > > my SPEC files in /root/rpm/SPECS instead of /tmp/SPECS (which is where I
> > > used CVS to check them out).
> > Small hint: Don't use root acount to build rpms.
>
>  Seems like a few people here have been bitten by things like doing;
>
> rm -rf $RPMBUILD_ROOT/
>
>  instead of
>
> rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/
>
>  Yes ? I will setup my account to build RPMs somewhere nicely, thanks!

Yes but if you will look (again) in oure cvs repo in SPECS module you can
find adapter.awk acript.
Using this script pevent so stupid bugs :o)

Try use this script on any spec file you heve by:

[SPECS]$ ./adapter.awk foo.spec > bar.spec

and compare :)

If you will look deeper in commitd logs you will see many times "- spec
adapterized." comment or simillar. Probably now you know what it can mean
:)

kloczek