(libao) error: unpacking of archive failed: cpio: Bad magic

Olivier Kaloudoff kalou at kalou.net
Sun Mar 3 15:20:24 CET 2002

Hi,

	I want to test pld, because I saw it
on rpmfind, and it seems a really up to date
distribution with good dependencies policy, so
here is my first try:

# rpm -i libao-0.8.2-3.i686.rpm
error: unpacking of archive failed: cpio: Bad magic

:-(

Is there somewhere that I can go to report this
as a bug ? or should I change the cpio/rpm version
I'm using ?

Best Regards,

Olivier Kaloudoff
(France, French Riviera)

Here are the checks I made to verify that my system
or the downloaded .iso file for pld are not broken;

# ls -l libao-0.8.2-3.i686.rpm
-r--r--r--    1 root     root        19673 jan 13 15:05
libao-0.8.2-3.i686.rpm

# uname -a
Linux www.kalou.net 2.4.17-16mdk #1 Fri Feb 8 16:00:03 CET 2002 i686
unknown

# for i in $(\ls *rpm);
> do
> rpm --checksig $i > /dev/null || echo $i has bad signature
> done

(no package failed, so everything is ok)