install cds not being asked stat and fileutils error

Michal Moskal malekith at pld-linux.org
Thu Oct 17 12:07:49 CEST 2002

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 09:17:34AM +0000, beatlesnap at go.to wrote:
> When installing PLD 1.0, on a pentium 686:
> (Cdroms were downloaded from linuxiso.org or .com I don't remember well)
> 0)I downloaded the 686 compiled version.
> 1)I get an error of  "stat and fileutils "doesn't work ok""
> when installing both. "doesn't work ok" is an English word which
> I don't remember well that means doesn't work ok togheter.

These iso were broken. You can either
 a) download letest iso from ftp.pld.org.pl or any mirror (see
    www.pld.org.pl for list or mirrors)
 b) download just bootdisk_net.img (from
    ftp://ftp.pld.org.pl/dists/ra/PLD/i686/PLD/images/bootdisk_net.img
    it's only 1.4M)
    any try install from network directly, but you need ethernet card
    connected to internet in computer you are installing on in order to
    do that.

> 2)It seems CD installation(0) doesn't ask you for other cds (1,2,3)
> so when installing Kde,Gnome or similar as they are in 1,2,3...
> gives me:
>
> packet error not found, packet error not found,

This is conseqence of error mentioned above.

> so there's no way of installing a system with any xwindows.
> I can only install the base system and sometimes when it doesn't crash.
> (It installs ok but then when booting "unable to found fs system")

Likewise.

--
: Michal Moskal ::::: malekith/at/pld-linux.org :  GCS {C,UL}++++$ a? !tv
: PLD Linux ::::::: Wroclaw University, CS Dept :  {E-,w}-- {b++,e}>+++ h