poldek problem

Rafał Cygnarowski zswi at pers.pl
Wed Jan 3 13:09:46 CET 2007

Dnia środa, 3 stycznia 2007 11:13, arnuld napisał:
> but that does not work & i was told by the system that options were
> not correct. i checked "man poldek" & saw that there is no "--mkdir"
> option that comes with "poldek". may i know what is the correct
> options?
I suppose that documentation is out of date. But you can try this:

# rpm --initdb --root=/dest
# poldek --root=/dest

and use install command in poldek shell to install basic packages (especially
poldek, your favourite shell (bash?) and some editor - I used to install mc
for convenient). After that try to make

# chroot /dest bash (if you installed bash)

and inside chroot edit your poldek configuration (or just before entering
chroot copy it from /etc/poldekwhatever) and run it... install rest of
packages you want, edit core configuration files (/etc/fstab, bootloader
etc.), install bootloader, set root password, eject rescuecd, (*)pray, init
6, pray... and if your prays did nothing back to rescuecd and correct
mistakes you made - after all jump to (*)...

Good luck.

> # poldek --root /dest --mkdir -i \
> lilo SysVinit rc-scripts poldek FHS geninitrd pico bash mc \
> openssl dev pcre xfsprogs login shadow modutils --nodeps
BTW, why someone wanted to use --nodeps?

--
Rafał Cygnarowski
rafi at pers.pl

PS. take a look at rc-boot package