Setting up (WAS Re: Test, is this list active?)

Mariano Absatz baby at baby.com.ar
Tue Jul 10 17:04:38 CEST 2001

El 10 Jul 2001, a las 22:40, Andrew D escribió:

> [...]
Yup,
that's what we do around here, also, but you are NOT contradicting Piotr, the
username, taken as a whole "joe.d.user at example.com" IS unique
_throughout_the_whole_server_  as Piotr says.

You should be seriously tempted to inform your users to use the "#" instead
of "@" since many clients (most notable Netscape) try to be clever than you
and when you say "joe.d.user at example.com" as "username" in POP configuration,
help you by translating it to "joe.d.user" :-(

It is possible to change (at least in Nestcape), but only by means of editing
a config file by hand...

> cya
> Andrew
>

> --
> No one ever says "It's only a game," when their team is winning.

Mariano Absatz - El Baby
mailto:baby at baby.com.ar
http://www.baby.com.ar/
    PGP KEYS: http://www.baby.com.ar/datos/personales.html#claves_pgp