users with invalid directories

Bryan Fullerton bjf at samurai.com
Wed Jul 11 05:52:38 CEST 2001

Howdy,

I tried solidpop3d a couple of days ago as a replacement for qpopper.
I installed solidpop3d v0.15 via the FreeBSD port. When I switched
over to solidpop3d, I started getting the following errors:

Jul  9 00:38:54 home spop3d[88869]: can't open or create file:
/nonexistant/.spop3d-bull
Jul  9 00:38:54 home spop3d[88869]: open: No such file or directory

Most of my POP3 users have /nonexistant as their home directory,
which (not surprisingly) doesn't actually exist. I tried symlinking
/dev/null to /nonexistant in case that helped, but it didn't.

Any idea how to fix this? I'd prefer not to actually give users home
directories if I can help it.

Thanks,

Bryan
--
Bryan Fullerton               http://bryanfullerton.com/
Core Competence               uunet.ca!gts!cspace!bjf