Max Connections

Erik Heinz erik at iks-jena.de
Tue Nov 20 09:14:04 CET 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 04:44:28PM -0800, Nathan Miller wrote:

> Looks like spop3d will accept perhaps a max of 5 connections within a
> specified time, then it denies for apx 60 seconds from the ip. I notice
> this does not log, nor is it configurable, nor can I find it in the code.

You find the definitions in src/const.h:

#define PER_SOURCE 5
#define MAX_SESSIONS 50
#define MIN_DELAY 50

PER_SOURCE connections are allowed from one source address within a time
interval of MIN_DELAY seconds. MAX_SESSIONS is the absolute limit to the
number of connections within a time interval of MIN_DELAY seconds.

Have fun,
Erik

--
| Erik Heinz, IKS GmbH Jena * erik at iks-jena.de * privat: erik at jena.thur.de  |