Max Connections

JW wilson at claborn.net
Tue Nov 20 02:31:26 CET 2001

At 04:59 PM 11/19/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>I think it may have something to do w/ standalone mode.  Because naturally (or it seems anyway) that if running under inet that inet would control the connections.  I do prefer standalone mode as inet has really chapped my <insert colorful phrase here> in the past.

I agree. I actually don't want to be running in inted mode but due to a long chain of events, we're not going to change it until we move to a new box (upper management decision, not mine :-) )

> Another good question would be, how to set more than 5 processes listening.  I'd like to spawn about 50 for my current server traffic.  Settings similar to Apache's would be nice for min/max/spawn.

If you can code in C (I can't ) I wish you'd jump right in, get a CVS checkout and submit a patch -- maybe to te mailing list. Jerzy seems to be a very busy man, without too much time to work on Spop3d. I could be wrong but that's my impression at least. I wish there was more then one coder with CVS access to the repository. This is such a sleepy little project for the best Free pop3d :-)

>I'm running 0.15 myself.  Which seems ages old, just seems to work pretty well.
>
>We only create one piece of software around here, and that's a windows (soon to be linux/windows/everything) based software which is used for any ISPs using our national backbone for dialups.  No palm software. =)

ok, that was a mistake on my part. I think my mail app pulled a weird one on me. I looked at [what I thought was] the header and saw @cic.com but I'm not sure what the deal was because that's sure not you're address now that I look closer.

I'm probably too tired to be reading or writing :-) . Ignore me :-)