Various Qs about the Solid-pop3d project

JW wilson at claborn.net
Sat Sep 8 05:11:39 CEST 2001

Hello, I just have some questions.

1. How many people are working on Solid-POP3d (perhaps a better Q is how many have CVS commit access), and who are they?

2. As several have noted, cvs instructions on the web site (http://solidpop3d.pld.org.pl/) are wrong.

3. Who maintains the web site, and are they actually working on a new one, as the current one claims? Do they need/would they like help with it? The current one is pretty boring. In fact, it is so plain it nearly scared me away from using Solid-pop3d when I first looked at it (I thought any project that had a site that plain and un-maintained-looking might have plain, un-maintained code :-) )

Whoever you are, I'd be willing to work on a new one, if you'd like. Just drop me a line.

4. I do not yet know C, so I can't start coding away myself, but I'm curious about the goals and plans of the authors. I do not see a TODO, WISHES, or GOALS file in CVS, nor anything like that on the web site.

5. Are the authors open to suggestions and requests from people who aren't programmers?