Name based VIRTUAL not working.

JW wilson at claborn.net
Mon Sep 24 18:04:13 CEST 2001

At 10:31 AM 9/24/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've been trying to setup Name Based Virtual addresses using the
>/var/spool/mail/name.dom/user setup, but things are not working for me.
>I've downloaded the 0.15-1 debian source package

Use the latest CVS, it has changes that you need for virtual hosting, IIRC

>and recompiled it using
>the added options
>        --enable-bulletins
>        --enable-mapping
>        --enable-configfile
>        --enable-nonip
>which are in addition to the standard:
>        --enable-last
>        --enable-createmail
>        --enable-maildir
>        --enable-mailbox
>        --enable-ipv6
>        --enable-apop

> cat solidpop3d_configure_options.jw.sh
!#/bin/bash
make clean && rm config.cache && ./configure --enable-pam --enable-mailbox --enable-maildir --enable-expire --enable-configfile --enable-last --enable-mapping --enable-nonip --enable-dpuid && make

>However, using the example configfile from VIRTUALS, I have this:

><VirtualHost 1.2.3.4 goobers.com>
>        DpUIDEnable     yes
></VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost test.com>
        MailDropName    "/var/spool/virtual/test.com/%s"
        MailDropType    "mailbox"
        DpUIDEnable     yes
        DpUIDUser       "spop3d"
        DpUIDDBFile     "/etc/virtual/test.com/test.com"
</VirtualHost>

cvs -d :pserver:cvs at anoncvs.pld.org.pl:/cvsroot login
cvs -d :pserver:cvs at anoncvs.pld.org.pl:/cvsroot co solid-pop3d

>Help!
>
>Thanks,
>Christopher

Does anyone know if the developer for this project is still alive and around? s/he doesn't reply to any messages.

Jonathan Wilson
System Administrator

Cedar Creek Software     http://www.cedarcreeksoftware.com
Central Texas IT     http://www.centraltexasit.com