Name based VIRTUAL not working.

JW wilson at claborn.net
Tue Sep 25 00:00:16 CEST 2001

At 01:11 PM 9/24/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Do you actually have this working?

Have for about 3 months now.

>  I have it setup and it doesn't
>complain as much, but the latest CVS will not allow you to --enable-dpuid
>unless you also --enable-logextend, and it expects the DBFile to be a
>[ng]dbm database.

Aye, well, my vs checkout is a little old now, what I showed you is exactly what I used way back when :-)

>Documentation is parse at best;

You're not kidding. My offer to the Author/web site maintainer to help with docs and the web site still stands, if s/he will but contact me.

>I want to just use an
>/etc/passwd type file for the passwords, not a dbm file.  Failing that,
>what is the format for this dmb file?

You absolutely cannot use /etc/password for virtual hosting, no if, ands or buts, as far as I know (but I'm not the author, maybe someone knows better then me).

>thanks again,
>Christopher

Jonathan Wilson
System Administrator