Name based VIRTUAL not working.

Christopher Curtis ccurtis at aet-usa.com
Tue Sep 25 06:29:23 CEST 2001

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, JW wrote:

> At 01:11 PM 9/24/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>
> >Documentation is parse at best;
>
> You're not kidding. My offer to the Author/web site maintainer to help
> with docs and the web site still stands, if s/he will but contact me.

First thing is to fix the broken CVS link.  And why isn't this a project
at SourceForge?  That removes so much management headache...

> >I want to just use an
> >/etc/passwd type file for the passwords, not a dbm file.  Failing that,
> >what is the format for this dmb file?
>
> You absolutely cannot use /etc/password for virtual hosting, no if,
> ands or buts, as far as I know (but I'm not the author, maybe someone
> knows better then me).

Well ... why not?  I mean, there's already one file per VHost, it just
happens to be in gdbm format.  Whay can't it be in a
	user:cryptword:apopcrypt
format instead of a how-do-i-read-binary? format?

But the secret was the great undocumented spdbm program.  Using this
program is like searching for El Diablo.  I feel like Vasquez!

thanks for the help; working like a charm ...
Christopher