What's the matter with the current chromium-browser?

Elan Ruusamäe glen at pld-linux.org
Thu Jun 6 23:56:00 CEST 2013

On 06.06.2013 17:31, Łukasz Maśko wrote:
> I cannot run the last 2 versions (27.0.1453.{93,110}-1). Both behave in the
> same way - one of the subprocesses dies somewhere in the meantime, while
> others do not notice it and wait forever for response (msgrecv(), in strace).
> Furthermore, in dmesg I can find general protection errors:
>
> [  199.000423] traps: chromium-browse[1989] general protection ip:b11b90d3
> sp:bfef3dd0 error:0 in libc-2.17.so[b118a000+1a5000]
>
> Removing chromium configuration gives nothing. In fact, chromium is not
> getting to the point, where it reads/creates its configuration.
i noticed too, that on some older amd64 machine with nvidia-legacy3
video driver i can not run any 27.x series.
for me it looked that it just stopped, even the usual dbus error about
org.chromium.Mtpd did not appear.
i don't recall it crashing there, but i did not check either.

ps: you don't have to remove chromium config, you can use --temp-profile
option instead

--
glen