license of patches in cvs

undefine at aramin.net undefine at aramin.net
Sun Jan 25 17:55:50 CET 2004

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 05:28:51PM +0100, Mathieu Doidy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering about the licenses of your patches in the cvs tree.
> I found your patch for alsa (esound-alsa-pcm-newapi.patch) very useful
> (it makes the -d dmixer works for me) and I was thinking about including
> it in the ROCK Linux distribution (http://www.rocklinux.org/) for which
> I am a small developer.
>
> I did not find anything about that in the english doc (maybe I overviewed
> something) and the patch does not contain any header about its license.
I'm not sure, but when there is no info in a patch, patches are GPL-ed
(http://cvs.pld-linux.org/SPECS/COPYING)
All files on CVS/SOURCES/distfiles are distributable, so You can use it
how You wish :)
Many patches are taked from other distros - and have informations about
it in cvs logs.
When You need information from autor ask people which add this file to
cvs:
[undefine at ep09 SOURCES]$ cvs log esound-alsa-pcm-newapi.patch

RCS file: /cvsroot/SOURCES/esound-alsa-pcm-newapi.patch,v
Working file: esound-alsa-pcm-newapi.patch
head: 1.1
branch:
locks: strict
access list:
symbolic names:
keyword substitution: o
total revisions: 1;     selected revisions: 1
revision 1.1
date: 2003/12/20 02:26:56;  author: maho;  state: Exp;
- new ALSA api patch for esound.

maho at pld-linux.org

--
Andrzej Dopierała