[kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de: Bug-Report: sgml-tools]

Rafał Kleger-Rudomin klakier at pld.org.pl
Wed Apr 11 13:01:45 CEST 2001

Marek Guevara Braun <marek at atm.com.pl> writes:

> > ----- Forwarded message from Helge Kreutzmann
> > <kreutzm at itp.uni-hannover.de> -----
> >
> > Running sgml2info:
> > kreutzm at pele:~/texte/aboot[558] % rpm -qf /usr/bin/sgml2info
> > sgml-tools-1.0.7-6
> > on a valid sgml-file (fine with docbook2man) results in lots of errors
> > about a incorrect dtd.

Please show this errors. Maybe the proper DTD is not installed?
docbook2man does not do any validation so it does not require the DTD.

sgml-tools is old project and unfortunately the rpm packages are not
extensively maintained in PLD

You may try new docbook-utils package instead of sgml-utils.
However, I added them recently and have not tested them yet.

> What about sgml-tools-1.0.9 - the package should be in test
> directory on our ftp & mirrors.
>
> But I've got a question about the format of your sgml
> document: as far as I know sgml-tools deals only with
> the linuxdoc format, some newer tools works with DocBook
> (which could be sgml or xml "encoded") format -  are
> the document in linuxdoc/sgml format (there should be
> header like "<!doctype linuxdoc system>" at the start
> of the file)?
>
> > Secondly sgml2info is missing a binary or a dependency because it
> > finishes with:
> > sh: /usr/bin/sgmlsasp: not found
>
> I will look if it still exist with the 1.0.9 version of the
> packages.

This is in 'sgmls' package
There is already proper Requires added in 1.0.9 version of .spec file

--
Rafał Kleger-Rudomin (klakier at pld.org.pl)