[kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de: Bug-Report: sgml-tools]

Marek Guevara Braun marek at atm.com.pl
Wed Apr 11 13:07:03 CEST 2001

Marek Guevara Braun wrote:

> > ----- Forwarded message from Helge Kreutzmann
> > <kreutzm at itp.uni-hannover.de> -----
> >
> > Running sgml2info:
> > kreutzm at pele:~/texte/aboot[558] % rpm -qf /usr/bin/sgml2info
> > sgml-tools-1.0.7-6
> > on a valid sgml-file (fine with docbook2man) results in lots of errors
> > about a incorrect dtd.

With version 1.0.9 of sgml-tools and proper linuxdoc/sgml
(polish HOWTO translation) document I have got a lot of
"Misplaced {." errors with sgml2info (sgml2txt, sgml2html
and sgml2latex works fine on the same document)

These misplaced '{' and '}' was produced by <file></file>
and <file// tags in the source document - they are translated to
\url{sth} (in temporary texinfo? file) which is not liked
by makeinfo. When I ripped these tags and translated { -> &lcub;
and } -> &rcub; sgml2info silently produced info file.

It looks like <file> tag is not well supported (btw. it is not
even highlighted in the vim :-) If you could avoid these tags
you should be able to produce info files.

> > Secondly sgml2info is missing a binary or a dependency because it
> > finishes with:
> > sh: /usr/bin/sgmlsasp: not found

/usr/bin/sgmlsasp is in sgmls package (which is produced
from the same sgml-tools src.rpm) I don't know the reason
why there is no requires statement in packages. Maybe we
should add it.

Regards,
Marek