Languages (was: Re: heimdal - brak pliku)

Aredridel aredridel at nbtsc.org
Sun Nov 16 20:39:58 CET 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-16 at 01:17, Łukasz Jernaś wrote:
> Dnia Sat, 15 Nov 2003 21:25:43 +0100 użyszkodnik Paweł Sakowski
> <pawel at sakowski.eu.org> napisał:
>

> > <translation>How could I find out what nationality a guy is?
> > Some register of the developers' basic data? Is there
> > any?</translation>

One can ask, of course.

> I'm always checking in CVSROOT/users - you can find there a name,
> surname and even an e-mail and when all of this doesn't seem to be
> polish then you can assume sthat the person is from abroad (okay, with
> 90% probability).

I'm not against putting a language tag in users. It would help me, and
we could learn who is out there.

> > <translation>I won't send two letters to pld-devel-*, unless we'll
> > move everything to -en ;-) I remembrer that serek once upon a time was
> > in favor of that solution</translation>
> >
> > I wouldn't give a <offensive> if we were to switch to English for
> > everyday communication. And it would make things so much easier to the
> > others.

Either way.  I read -pl, but I understand only half. I watch for code,
and learn from that.  I'm learning Polish, but my Polish is worse than
your English.

I try to keep my English simple.  It helps, I think.

Ari