Vim

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Wed Apr 27 18:58:35 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 27 of April 2005 17:49, Jan Rekorajski wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Apr 2005, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > On Wednesday 27 of April 2005 06:00, Adam Gołębiowski wrote:
> > > Any objections on reversing Vim's bconds for perl/python/ruby/tcl
> > > interpreters? If not, than in the name of 'we are feature rich' I am
> > > going to enable these by default.
> > >
> > > At least I am going to enable perl interp, since it adds only perl-base
> > > R: to few vim packages, and perl-base is already required by vim-rt.
> >
> > Enable these IMO. There is vim-static for those people who don't want
> > additional deps.
>
> You don't know what you're talking about.
I know what I'm talking.

> vim-static is /bin/vi and the
> first thing I do is alias vi=vim because vim-static is just too feature
> poor.
And tell us what are these so important features that you can't live without
them but _not_ so important as you don't want to install more deps to get
these? And remember that running vim-static as vi is different from running
exactly the same binary as for example vim.

> I can live with perl but python/ruby/tcl/etc is just an overkill.
perl isn't?

> If you really want a huge monster with all bells and whistles just do a
> vim-this-package-requires-a-lot subpackage :/
If you have small hdd then use vim-static.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/