Vim

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Wed Apr 27 21:16:44 CEST 2005

> [baggins at home baggins]$ rpm -ql vim-static | grep vim
> [baggins at home baggins]$
>
> Where do you see vim here?
I'm talking about behaviour of program not our packaging brokeness (it's very
small bug anyway).

> perl is common enough, a lot of things require it. Python and tcl? I
> install them if I have no choice. Ruby? WTF is ruby?
While I use python mainly and do not use perl unless I have to. Aredridel uses
ruby (it's another, recently quite popular language). No idea who uses tcl
here.

> It's not the case of small hdd. It's the case that for purely marketing
> reasons you want to clutter the distribution.
You could say the same thing about openldap, heimdal, postgres and so on...

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/