Vim

Jakub Bogusz qboosh at pld-linux.org
Wed Apr 27 21:31:18 CEST 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 09:16:44PM +0200, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > [baggins at home baggins]$ rpm -ql vim-static | grep vim
> > [baggins at home baggins]$
> >
> > Where do you see vim here?
> I'm talking about behaviour of program not our packaging brokeness (it's very
> small bug anyway).
>
> > perl is common enough, a lot of things require it. Python and tcl? I
> > install them if I have no choice. Ruby? WTF is ruby?
> While I use python mainly and do not use perl unless I have to. Aredridel uses
> ruby (it's another, recently quite popular language). No idea who uses tcl
> here.

So who _does_ actually use those languages _in vim_?
(just in vim, I'm not asking about other purposes here)

Similar thing: elinks is built by default with 3 scripting languages
(lua4, guile, perl) - do we need them all by default?

The problem is that binaries are directly linked to language-specific
libraries, without plugins system.

--
Jakub Bogusz    http://cyber.cs.net.pl/~qboosh/