Vim

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Wed Apr 27 21:35:33 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 27 of April 2005 21:31, Jakub Bogusz wrote:

> So who _does_ actually use those languages _in vim_?
> (just in vim, I'm not asking about other purposes here)
My guess is no one beside few people. I'm not using any of these _in vim_ (...
python scripting for example in exim would be great ;)

> Similar thing: elinks is built by default with 3 scripting languages
> (lua4, guile, perl) - do we need them all by default?
What's the reason behind disabling them?

> The problem is that binaries are directly linked to language-specific
> libraries, without plugins system.
Plugins would be better but the reality is different. Now the question is: do
we want more features or less hdd space used (is there _any_ other point
beside hdd space)?

Take for example heimdal, there is only few people using it but this is the
thing which makes PLD very nice for them. No recompilation needed to get
things usable.
--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/