ANN: Closing AC

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Sun Dec 11 19:56:55 CET 2005

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 18:56:28 +0100, Jacek Konieczny wrote:

> Irrevelant? My customers _do_ care if a maintenance break (e.g. reboot
> during kernel upgrate) lasts 5 or 10 minutes.

If so, why don't you use some HA? Anyway I simply do not believe, that
it's 'proven' to be two times faster, especially when speaking of
machines which have some real load.

> the machine boots. It is much harder to explain thousands of customers,
> calling during machine boot, why their services don't work.

$ wc -l /etc/passwd
1634 /etc/passwd

I don't have this problem fortunatelly;)

--
GoTaR <priv0.onet.pl->gotar>        http://vfmg.sourceforge.net/
                                    http://tccs.sourceforge.net/