ANN: Closing AC

Tomasz Grobelny tomasz at grobelny.oswiecenia.net
Thu Dec 15 18:40:24 CET 2005

Why don't you guys try to write down _requirements_ ie. list of properties
that the new system must have before introducing it to PLD?

On Thursday 15 December 2005 15:56, Tomasz Pala wrote:
> Assume that my OSPF dies (it happens with PLD quagga). It's not
> restarted by supervisor because I've disabled this function (Q1: can in
> be disabled? Q2: can in be disabled selectively?). Now it's time to
> rotate logs - postrotate script does service reload and all my services
> are shut down, because there's no required OSPF daemon running (Q0: how
> dependencies work, what's configurable?).
Here we have a few wishes:
-all services are restarted automatically after unexpected shutdown (unless
specified otherwise by root on per service basis)
-service can only _start_ when all its dependant services are running (that
means no cascading shutdown of services), or can _run_ when all dependant
services are running (in case there are services that would cause harm if
their dependant services died)
-common part of initng and current init scripts should be as big as possible
-faster startup by parallelization
-etc. (but you should propably continue in CVS)

Once more: the idea is to write down WHAT IS NEEDED and then think if it's
doable.
--
Regards,
Tomasz Grobelny