SOURCES (AC-branch): bashrc - removed stty erase setting to `tput ...

Tomasz Pala gotar at polanet.pl
Thu Jun 30 23:00:44 CEST 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 22:19:50 +0200, Jan Rekorajski wrote:

> Please show me _where_ exactly stty erase is set to tput kbs in Debian
> and FC.

That's the question I was trying to answer for a few days. Without
success. They used to do this even a year ago, after that sth else was
changed... I cannot find any trace.

> I'm looking all over /etc in those two distributions and just
> can not find it.

That's right.

> And, yes, so happens that I have both installed and
> both are quite fresh.
>
> It seems to me they have fixed your problems some other, proper, way.
> You just didn't look deep enough.

For now I only suspect one thing: they use termcap, we use terminfo.
I've already smashed one of my systems - bash, pam, sshd, readline,
terminfo databases taken from Debian, and no change.
There's other workaround possible - changing behavior of xterm to
produce ^? instead of ^H:
	~Meta<Key>BackSpace: string(\177)\n\
Is hardcoded and recognized by readline, and it would be the same as
stty setting for ncurses, but it's not the right way. The same as using
[ "$TERM" = "xterm ] && tset -e

Really there's noone here who knows, where the hell is source of stty
settings after remote login?

--
GoTaR <priv0.onet.pl->gotar>        http://vfmg.sourceforge.net/
                                    http://tccs.sourceforge.net/