cvs vs svn... (Re: SOURCES: ghostscript-afpl-am.patch (NEW), ghostscript-afpl-ijs_pkg...)

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at pld-linux.org
Sat Sep 10 12:58:09 CEST 2005

On Saturday 10 of September 2005 12:42, Jan Rekorajski wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Sep 2005, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:
> > And so what? For merging rpm from head to ac-branch you need to review
> > spec and _all_ patches. spec + patches is like sources, no difference.
>
> And svn changes _nothing_ here, I still would have to review all the
> patches regardless of scm :/
The point is not review itself but getting files/diffs to do that review. You
get diff with single svn command with proposed repo scheme while for cvs you
need to find out which files are needed, then diff each file.

> SVN will not suddently solve all problems, it will just change them into
> other problems.
The switch is fine when the most annoying problems will go away without
bringing new, worse problems.

> Janek

The switch can't happen without demo/test repo first. Well, I don't think it
will (ever) happen - no man resources to do all the stuff (and there are tons
of things to be done).

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz                    PLD/Linux Team
http://www.t17.ds.pwr.wroc.pl/~misiek/  http://ftp.pld-linux.org/